Monday, January 3, 2011

3rd Trimester and another issue arises....

Our ultrasound was done again by the senior radiologist and while she has confirmed that the liquor in both the sacs is normal, she has noticed that there is an abnormality in the position of the blood vessels in one of the twins. She wants to review this once again in the next scan to be done a month later. In her opinion , this will require an immediate surgery for the baby post delivery and for this they may need to shift one baby immediately to a nearby hospital specialised in pediatric surgery. From what I can find so far (Based on the scribbled report I got with the email) this is an issue with the pulmonary vein not draining to the correct place.
We are awaiting further details once our Dr talks with Dr Soni today but I feel like my heart is broken in too. I fight back the tears almost every second of the day and I am coping (well just).
The thought of losing one of our babies post delivery is the most scary thing we have had to face so far.
We have no idea at this stage of the severity, complications etc. and this makes it even harder.
I will update further once we receive more information.


  1. I am so sorry to hear this. Hang in there!!! Wait for information from the doctor and don't go to Dr Google, it could all turn out okay. Sending you hugs. xxx

  2. How very stressful not to know more, but try not to worry about it until your doctor knows more. Sounds like the babies and surro are getting very good care, so trust that this will continue once they are born.