Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Quick Update

Time does seem to fly these days and I realised in has been nearly 4 weeks since my last update.
SM is still in the hospital, during the scan the sonologist thought that the amniotic fluid was low in one of the twins sacs. Another scan was performed by a sr sonologist and they confirmed it was adequate..... however the next scan again it looks as though he fluid is low so we are awaiting the report from the hospital again.
I feel for our SM who must be missing the companionship of the other SM's she has spent time with at he surrogate accommodation. I think about her and our babies everyday and there is a sense of helplessness.
At this stage the next review will be done in the new year.

Now on the home front......

Nursery is undercoated. (Photos soon)
DNA forms sent away.

Need to do!!!!
Book accommodation
Book Legals
Buy a travel bag
Talk to the travel agent

Oh my...................................

Better go do some painting!!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Handling the Ups & Downs

This week reality gave us a big kick in the guts. Just to remind us I am sure how much is at stake!!!!

Our SM was admitted to hospital with abdominal pain with fever and body aches. I cannot describe how scared we were. I bravely held back the tears for 24 hours until the news came that all seemed to be fine. The obstetrician had examined SM and done an ultrasound. All was well with the twins. SM's fever had subsided. What a relief our SM and babies are OK. She is remaining under observation and has been put on Oral antibiotics just to be sure.

We are due for our next ANC check up next week so I am not sure how this will be affected, I suppose it will depend on when SM is discharged. I hope she is not too uncomfortable in the hospital.

Hopefully next update will be all about the next report we get on our little ones!!!!