Thursday, February 24, 2011

We are booked to go!!!! Look out Mumbai

We finally bit the bullet and booked our airfares. We fly out next Tuesday the 1st March and arrive 1.55 am Mumbai time the 2nd March.
I cannot believe we leave next week!!!!!!!!!!
Dr K has advised our babies will be 36 weeks on the 2nd March (We calculated 28th feb based on fertilisation). They will admit our surrogate to Hiranandani hospital then and will monitor for labour so she can be taken straight for a Caesarian if labour commences.
I am so proud of our surrogate for looking after our babies and making this milestone.
Our SM will have a scan at the hospital tomorrow, I hope the report arrives before we leave to Mumbai. I really would like to know an estimate of the weight of our babies.

Accommodation has been booked at the Rodas in Hiranandani and we may also spend a couple of days at the hospital until discharge of one of our babies. The operation that needs to occur for Baby B is still an unknown quantity, it really depends on how our baby is post birth on the outcome and recovery for the surgery.

Today is also my last day of work.............Not sure how I feel about this.
I have worked for my current company for the last 6.5 years and have never spent and extended time at home. But I am just about to commence on one of the most rewarding jobs in my life........becoming a mum.

March is going to be an exciting time in Mumbai.


3 comments:

  1. Very very exciting!! Mumbai...here you come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your bubs. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for your trip! Please keep us updated. Hugs from us, SJ & B xx

    ReplyDelete